Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Contract position – Virtual Design Engineer / Quantico VA – (JOB-15070). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
Virtualization Design Engineer
Please note – this position requires expert to SME level knowledge of Nutanix at am enterprise level, including but not limited to setting up and modifying a Nutanix environment.
- Responsible for the design, implementation, and support for the network to include: installation, maintenance, security, and day-to-day monitoring of virtual infrastructure.
- Assist the Government Lead in the daily engineering duties on systems. Maintain and administer applications, custom monitors and custom reports.
- Coordinate and manage overall system maintenance. Recommend and implement test sets to provide root cause analysis and resolution for alerts and events and resolve incidents in response to escalated tickets.
- Ability to work with cluster file systems and other technologies to provide redundancy and availability for server farms and applications.
- Develop and execute software, testing, and validation procedures, programming and documentation.
- Design and customize software to optimize operational efficiency in cloud-based environments.
- Experience with VMWare and Hyper-V tools and VMWare Update Manager.
- High level of experience working with Nutanix (certification a plus).
- Develop and Integrate virtual storage console.
- Perform virtualization integration with New File System (NFS), IP Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI) and Fiber Channel (FC). Execute data store design and management.
- Support virtualization capacity, performance design, and management.
- Manage virtualization high availability/disaster recovery solution design and integration. Complete Virtual Switching (Vswitch) design and configuration.
- Perform tasks associated with application networking ports and protocols, Information Assurance (IA), routing and Local Area Network (LAN).
- Perform tasks of virtualization administrator, managing user and group permissions and security design.
- Initiate security updates in accordance with Government procedures for directory services.
- Experience with Hyper-V WSUS (Windows Server Update Services).
- Support evaluating virtualization and network consolidation.
- Perform virtualization integration with System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2012, SQL 2012R2, external storage devices utilizing LUNs, quota distribution and file sharing and installation on various server hardware.
- Perform system integration with Host Based Security System (HBSS).
- Must possess demonstrated proficiency in key solutions such as Data Sharing, Network Attached Storage (NAS), Disaster Recovery preparation, and integration of these capabilities with Cloud Computing and Cyber architectures.
- Experience with administering the most current versions of Windows Operating Systems and Windows Operating Systems environments, virtual infrastructure platforms, and working with vendor-neutral virtual networking solutions and technologies.
- Must possess knowledge of virtualization concepts, virtual and storage networking protocols, such as Fiber Channel protocols and Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI).
- Must possess ITIL V3.
- Must possess professional-level certifications in one or more technology related vendor solutions such as a CISSP or CompTIA CASP with a Veritas, EMC Corporation, NetApp, or Tivoli, or resume as accepted by Government demonstrating sufficient experience in lieu of certification.
- Preference for a Nutanix cert, but not required.
- Certified in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technician Level III.
- Ten or more (10+) years of related experience.
- Clearance Level: Secret
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.