Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following position – IT Service Delivery -MID Norfolk VA / Norfolk VA – (JOB-15065). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
IT Service Delivery Rep – Mid
Network Technician with a minimum of 2 years of experience which includes operational support, hands-on implementing and configuration of network devices such as Cisco routers & switches, associated software tools, desktop computers, and cabling in a large LAN/MAN/BAN/WAN environment. Exposure to VPNs, WAN Accelerators, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Virtual Private Networks (VPN) a plus.
- Position requires a high level of project coordination skills to manage the execution of maintenance activities and network outages.
- Knowledge of GigE, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, HSRP, and TCP/IP protocols is necessary.
- Knowledge of trouble ticketing software such as (HP Service Manager) and networking monitoring/management solutions (HP NNMi/iSPI, HP OM, and HP NA) desired.
This role will leverage processes, utilizing ITIL best practices, to ensure the IT organization designs, deploys and sustains high quality, highly available solutions that align with business and IT strategic objectives.
- Knowledge and experience working while WAN Accelerators and associated technologies is highly desirable.
- Previous experience working on military bases/sites, including previous military service highly desirable.
- Strong communications, writing and editing skills needed to transfer information to individuals involved in the networking process. Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work in an organized fashion with focus on documented activity. Cisco CCNA Academy training or Cisco certification will meet 2 years experience requirement.
Primary areas of responsibility will be supporting NOC operations at Norfolk, VA or Pearl, HI. (Warning: Must have Active Clearance). Clearance: Secret Clearance
A Background Information Technology field or a related technology field is highly desirable. Other evidence of intellectual, technical, business accomplishments, and related technology leadership experiences will be considered.
Certifications: CompTIA Security+ CE, CCNA Routing Switches, ITIL v3 Foundations Desirable
Experience: Three to Five (3-5) years of experience required.
This is a FTE Position as a TECHEAD Employee. If you’re interested we will go to the next steps of validating your clearance and certifications.
Our benefits for our on-site associates includes.
• Medical Insurance coverage
• Dental and Vision Insurance coverage
• Long Term Disability Insurance
• Short Term Disability Insurance
• Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
• 10 Paid Holidays
• 80 Accrued Hours of Pay Time Off
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.