Communication Engineer SR Norfolk VA
TECHEAD is looking to hire a SENIOR NETWORK CONFIGURATION ENGINEER for TECHEAD’s US FEDERAL WORKFORCE division.
Must work well in a team environment. Be self-managed, and be able to communicate clearly on all operations.
Excellent opportunity for US Armed Forces Reservist and recent US Vet.
Summary: This position’s primary role will be a role in Senior Production/Automation of configurations servicing a large scale Enterprise network.
- This network includes Cisco, Aruba, Brocade, Juniper, Riverbed and McAfee network devices to include Routers, Switches, Access Points, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Virtual Private Networks (VPN) and WAN Accelerators.
Responsibilities: As a Senior Production & Automation Network Engineer you will be expected to produce and review network configurations for multiple device types.
- You will create and review router and switch designs and configurations linking numerous computing platforms, operating systems, and network topologies across widely dispersed geographical areas for classified and unclassified intranet based upon approved architecture and design.
- Assist in the timely delivery of Authority to Operate packages. Communicate with other departments and organizations to ensure configuration effectiveness, accuracy and efficiency
- Work to ensure that the site network is reliable and that performance exceeds that of contracted service levels
Salary: $85K to $87.2K
Job Requirements: The successful candidate will be an innovative technical professional, customer service oriented, and highly knowledgeable engineer in the field of Ethernet and IP data engineering with 10+ years’ experience as a Network Engineer.
- Position requires a high level of project coordination skills to manage the execution of maintenance activities. Experience must include network design, operational support, and configuration of network devices such as servers, routers, switches, associated software tools, and cabling in a large LAN/MAN/BAN/WAN environment.
- Knowledge of network protocols such as OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP is required. Knowledge and experience working with wireless technologies, Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), and WAN Accelerators and associated technologies is highly desirable.
- Must have knowledge of Automation tools such as HPNA and an understanding of Python.
Education: A Bachelor in Science with an emphasis in Computer Science or a related technology field is highly desirable. Other evidence of intellectual, technical, business accomplishments, and related technology leadership experiences will be considered.
- Cisco CCNP and Security+ required. Secret Clearance is required
Our benefits for our on-site associates includes.
• Medical Insurance coverage
• Dental and Vision Insurance coverage
• Long Term Disability Insurance
• Short Term Disability Insurance
• Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
• 10 Paid Holidays
– 80 Accrued Hours of Pay Time Off
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.